I am planning to do BA Economics at Kerala University. So today I went to Karyavattom to apply for the distant education. It is very difficult for one who go there for the first time to pass through the official formalities. The lady staff at the information center will talk a little since each of her words cost millions of dollars. Dont worry guys, I will tell you each and every step for applying for distant education.
If you want to apply for the distant education at Kerala University, you have to go to Karyavattom Campus. You must take the following things with you:
- Photocopy of SSLC certificate
- Qualifying Certificate - Higher Secondary/Degree (Original)
- Two photographs of the candidate
- Transfer Certificate (Original)
- First installment of the fee + Rs 100/- for prospectus + Rs 100/- for DDF
Follow the steps given below:
- In the Karyavattom Campus, there is a building named IDE Help desk. Pay Rs 100/- there and get the receipt. Keep the counter foil with you.
- Give the counterfoil to the counter at the IDE department and get the prospectus and ID card from there.
- You can now apply online for the Distant education course at http://www.ideku.net. The facility for applying online is arranged there. So you can apply from there. You will get a printout of your application. (Hint: You will be asked to upload your photograph from the computer while applying online. You just have to paste photograph after taking the print out of the application).
- The online printout has to be attested by a gazetted officer. If the candidate is applying by himself his application printout can be attested from there itself.
- Pay the Department Development Fund (DDF) amount and get the receipt.
- Now pay the first installment of your fee at the building named IDE Help desk and get the receipt from there. Take a photocopy of the receipt.
- Paste the photo on the ID card and fill the required fields.
- Now give the following at the thapal counter
- Photocopy of the SSLC certificate
- Certificate of the qualifying exam
- Transfer Certificate
- ID card
- Online Printout attested by a gazetted officer
- Photocopy of the receipt of fee payment
- Payment receipt of DDF