1. The HCF and LCM of two numbers are 12 and 216 respectively If one of number is 108, find the other number
2. Which one of the following is a prime number?
3. John makes a profit of 12% by selling the article for Rs. 448 Calculate the cost price
4. Find the value of 'p' for which 3, 5, p+5, 25 are in proportion
5. 'A' can complete a piece of work in 10 days. 'B' can complete the same piece of work in 15 days. If they work together in how many days will the work be completed?
6. Sachin runs at 5/4 th of his usual speed and reaches the playground 5 minutes earlier. What is the usual time?
7. The capacity of a Cubical mug is 1 litre. The length of its edge is:
(a) 1 cm
(b) 10 cm
(c) 1 m
(d) 10 m
8. Find the compound interest on Rs.8,000 for 12 years at 10% per annum if interest is being calculated half yearly
9. My mother is twice as old as my brother. I am 5 years younger to my brother, but 3 years older to my sister. If my sister is 12 years of age how old is my mother?
10. The price of an article has been increased by 25%. By how much percent must this new price be decreased to retain its former price?
11. Find the next number in the series:
4, 7, 10. 11, 22, 17, 46, 25, _____
12. Identify the missing term
TYU, NSO, HMI, ______
13. Find the odd man out
5, 9, 17, 35, 65, 129
14. Pointing towards a lady, Leela said, She is the daughter of the woman who is the mother of the husband of my mother'. How is the lady related to Leela?
(c) Grand daughter
15. Give the antonym of the word 'adversity'
16. If PROSE is coded as PPOQE how is LIGHT coded?
17. A boy goes south, turns right, then right again and then goes left. In which direction he is now?
18. Arrange the given words in the sequence they occur in the dictionary
1. Precede 2. Precision
3. Precise 4. Precept
5. preach 6. Prelude
(a) 5, 3, 1, 4, 2, 6
(b) 5, 1, 3, 4, 2, 6
(c) 5, 1, 4, 2, 3, 6
(d) 5, 1, 4, 3, 2, 6
19. If it was Saturday on 17 December 1982, what will be the day on 22nd December 1984?
20. A lady drives a car for 15 km to the west from the radio station. Then she turns left and goes 10 km. After this she turns right and goes for 18 km. Now in which direction is she going
(b) South - West
21. A fuse wire is characterized by:
(a) Low resistance and low melting point
(b) Low resistance and high melting point
(c) High resistance and low melting point
(d) High resistance and high melting point
22. A man pushes a metal block and fails to displace it. He does:
(a) maximum work
(b) no work at all
(c) positive work
(d) negative work
23. The minimum number of Geostationary satellites needed for global communication coverage is
24. The working principle of Optical Fiber Cable (OFC) is :
(c) Total internal reflection
25. The concept of radio transmission was first demonstrated by the famous Indian scientist:
(a) J.C. Bose
(b) C.V. Raman
(c) Vikram Sarabai
(d) Homi. J. Baba
26. Which of the following unit is a fundamental unit?
(c) Meter Second
27. One 'Pico meter' equal to:
(a) 10-6 m
(b) 10-15 m
(c) 10-12 m
(d) 10-9 m
28. The image of an object formed on the retina of human eye is:
(a) Virtual and inverted
(b) Virtual and erect
(c) Real and inverted
(d) Real and erect
29. On which of the following scales of temperature, the temperature is never negative?
(d) None of these
(Question Canceled by PSC)
30. A person is comfortable while sitting near a fan in summer because
(a) Rate of evaporations increases
(b) The fan provides free ventilation
(c) The fan circulates air
(d) None of these
31. Who among these politicians use an adapted motor vehicle dubbed as the 'Chaitanya Ratham'
(a) L.K. Advani
(b) Lalooprasad Yadav
(c) N.T. Rama Rao
(d) M.G. Ramachandran
32. With reference to Educational Degree, what does Ph.D.stand for?
(a) Diploma of Philosophy
(b) Diploma in Psychology
(c) Doctor of Philosophy
(d) Drama in Philosophy
33. Who is the Brand Ambassador of the program Make in Kerala?
(c) Suresh Gopi
34, Which article recently dismissed from the I.T. Act?
(a) 66 B
(b) 66 A
(c) 66 D
(d) 65 A
35. Which country is the 123rd member country in the International Criminal Court ?
36. the newly formulated International Front to fight against global warming
37. The Indian Scientist who won the Japan's highest honour "Order of the rising Son Gold and Silver Star
(a) Dr. Kiran Kumar
(b) Prof. C.N.R. Rao
(c) Dr. Ayyankar
(d) Dr. G Madhavan Nair
38. Who wrote the theme song of 'Run Kerala Run' in connection with National Games?
(a) PK. Gopi
(b) Murukan Kattakada
(c) O.N.V Kurup
(d) V. Madhusoodan Nair
39. The name of Single Window Portal started by India for Educational loan and Scholarships
(a) Vidya Lakshmi
(c) Vidya Nikethan
(d) Vidya Abiyan
40. The third greatest attraction in the world as per the survey conducted by famous Travel website "Trip Advisor'
(a) Taj Mahal.
(b) Burg Dubai
(c) Pisa Tower
(d) Great wall of China
41. Gandhi wrote Hind Swaraj in Gujarati in:
42. The narrow stretch of land that connects peninsular India with north eastern states of India is called
(a) Siliguri Corridor
(b) Sikkim Corridor
(c) Darjeeling Corridor
(d) Gangtok Corridor
43. Boundary demarcation line between India and Pakistan is known as the:
(a) Durant Line
(b) Radcliffe Line
(c) Line of Control
(d) Actual Line of Control
44. Srirangapattana is a river island located on the river:
45. Black soil is seen in district of Kerala.
46. Bhagat Singh was convicted to death in _________ case
(a) Saunders Murder
(b) Meerut Conspiracy
(c) Lahore Conspiracy
(d) Central Legislative Assembly Bomb Throwing
47. The British introduced Dyarchy in major Indian Provinces by the Act of
48. The main venue of the Salt Satyagraha in Kerala was:
49. The Indian National Congress adopted a resolution on Fundamental Rights and Economic policy at its session.
50. Who among the following was involved with the foundation of the Deccan Education society?
(a) Gopala Krishna Gokhale
(b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(c) Sardar Vallabhai Patel
(d) V.D. Savarkar
51. Name the river mentioned by Kautilya in his Arthasasthra:
52. Puralimala was situated in which Taluk?
53. Who was the founder of Ananda Maha Sabha?
(a) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(b) Dayananda Saraswathi
(c) Sree Narayana Guru
(d) Swami Sivayogi
54. Which was the original name of Thycaud Ayya Swamikal?
5. Who wrote the song Koottiyoor Ulsavapattu?
(a) Chattambi Swamikal
(b) Chavara Kuriakose Elias
(c) Vakkom Maulavi
56. Who wrote the famous work Jathikummi?
(c) Pandit Karuppan
(d) O.N.V. Kurup
57. Name the place in which Narayana Guru founded Advaita Ashramam in 1904 for dedicating to the principle of Om Sahodaryam Sarvatra:
58, Who wrote the play Adukkalayil Ninnu Arangathekku?
(a) V.T. Bhattathiripad
(b) Swami Vivekananda
(c) Poykayil Yohannan
59. In which year Ayya Vaikundar was born in Swamithoppu?
60.Name the work written by Kumaranasan from the inspiration of Edwin Arnold's Light of Asia
(a) Veena Poovu
(c) Buddha Charitha
61. The Article of the Indian Constitution that deals with Right to Constitutional Remedies is :
(a) Article 28
(b) Article 30
(c) Article 31
(d) Article 32
62. The International Human Rights Day is observed on
(a) 26th January
(b) Ist May
(c) 10th December
(d) 24th October
63. The Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission in India
(a) K G Balakrishnan
(b) GP Mathur
(c) J.5. Anand
(d) Raghunath Mishra
(Ans: H L Dathu)
(Question Canceled by PSC)
64. The Protector of the rights of citizens in a democracy
(b) Political Parties
65. Who said "man is born free but he is everywhere in chains"
66. Article lays down that there shall be a Public Service Commission for the union and Public Service Commission for each states:
(a) Article 280
(b) Article 324
(c) Article 315
(d) Article 356
67. The Chairman of the Constituent Assembly of India:
(a) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(b) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(c) Dr.S. Radhakrishnan
68. The comptroller and Auditor General of India is appointed by
(a) Prime Minister
(d) Supreme Court
69. The present Home Minister of India is
(a) P Chidhambaram
(b) A.K. Antony
(c) S.M. Krishna
(d) Kapil Sibal
(Ans 2018 : Rajnath Singh)
(Question Canceled by PSC)
70. Which schedule of the Indian Constitution is dealing with Panchayat Raj System?
71. We shall go for a walk when it __________ raining
72. The burglars entered the house _______ the owner's absence.
73, You must attend ______ his instructions.
74. We have plenty of time ______
(a) isn't it
(b) haven't we
(c) don't we
(d) didn't we
Direction (Q.No. 75 & 76): Which part of the sentence is wrong?
75. Do you think (a) he is getting (b) more worser (c) day by day? (d)
76. Kolkota (a) is standing (b) on (c) the river Hooghly.(d)
77. What is the antonym of predecessor?
78. Reported speech: "Which country do you come from?" said Ram.
(a) Ram asked which country you came from
(b) Ram asked which country I am coming from
(c) Ram asked which country are you coming from
(d) Ram Asked which country I came from
79. Yesterday I met _____ European at the beach.
80. What is the active form of : The criminal was arrested by the Police
(a) The criminal was being arrested by the police
(b) The criminal is being arrested by the police
(c) The police arrested the criminal
(d) The criminal is arrested by the police
81, Antyodaya Anna Yojana was launched by NDA Government on
(a) 15 August 1997
(b) 25 December 2000
(c) 2 October 1975
(d) 1 April 1999
82. Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana is previously known as:
83, The Balika Samridhi Yojana will cover girl children who are born or after
(a) I April 1999
(b) 15 August 1997
(c) 26 January 2005
(d) 2 October 1993
84. Kudumbasree was introduced by the Government of
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Andhra Pradesh
85, A scheme introduced under the name of Indira Gandhi is:
(a) Indira Balika Yojana
(b) Indira Mahila Yojana
(c) Indira Awaas Yojana
(d) Indira Gramen Rozgar Yojana
86. Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana was Iaunched by _________ Government:
87. Which colour of ration card is issued to Antyodaya beneficiaries?
88. PMAGY implements which type.of village
(a) Mathruka gram
(b) Bharat gram
(c) Samridhi gram
(d) Adarsh gram
89, Which Yojana aims to assist educated unemployed youth to set up self Employment ventures?
90. Number of diseases covered by integrated Child Development Scheme:
91. The first generation computers used _____ for circuitry
(a) Vacuum Tubes
(c) Integrated Circuits
(d) Large Scale Integration
92., A byte consists of how many bits
93. Internet works on
(a) Circuit Switching
(b) Packet Switching
(c) Both (A) and (B)
(d) None of the mentioned
94. Cyberslacker is:
(a) A person securing access to a computer system without permission of the owner
(b) Using internet, email or other electronic communication devices to stalk
(c) Member of an organization using its internet resources for non work purpose
(d) Person who introduces computer virus to any computer
95. Speed of the modem is measured in
(a) Bytes per minute
(b) Bytes per second
(c) Bits per millisecond
(d) Bits per second
96. Which of the following Languages is used for Artificial Intelligence?
97. GUI refers to:
(a) Graphical User Interface
(b) Guaranteed User Interface
(c) Graphics Utilized Internally
(d) None of the above
98. Computers use the _______ number system to store data and perform calculations
99. Spim is
(a) Fraudulent way of getting confidential information
(b) Unwanted instant messages
(c) Unsolicited e-mails
(d) None of the above
100.What protocol is used between e-mail servers?